That Centro smartphone from Palm? The one now in Obsidian Black? The one I told you about this weekend that you could pick up for a measly $39 on sale at Best Buy? They just sold a million of them. That’s one million people in America walking around with the small yet powerful devices for AT&T or Sprint.
I’ve been a fan of the Centro since it was leaked. I said it was the perfect gateway device, as it retains a phone-like form factor while granting smartphone functionality. And it’s easy for first timers to use. I love being right all the time.
- Founded 2001
- Overview Centro, formed in 2001, is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Centro develops smart media management software to help advertisers streamline and scale digital campaigns. With a unified, holistic platform, marketers can access 100% of all digital inventory, across all channels and devices. With proprietary insights into historical pricing, publisher and channel effectiveness, Centro helps brands plan …
- Location Chicago, Illinois
- Categories Sales and Marketing, Advertising, Media
- Founders Shawn Riegsecker
- Website http://www.centro.net
- Full profile for Centro
- Founded 1992
- Overview Palm, Inc. was a leading mobile products company, creating instinctive yet powerful mobile products that enabled people to better manage their lives on the go. The company's products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses included Palm Treo and Centro smartphones and Palm handheld computers, as well as software, services and accessories. In July 2010, Palm was acquired by HP. The Palm …
- Location Sunnyvale, California
- Categories Mobile
- Website http://www.palm.com
- Full profile for Palm