[photopress:flash.jpg,full,left]Remember yesterday we brought you news that Adobe was fast-tracking a version of Flash for the iPhone? Yah, not so much. Adobe’s CEO Narayen assumed it would be possible with the recently released iPhone SDK.
The likely scenario is that the SDK doesn’t open up enough of the needed infrastructure of the phone to implement Flash. Narayen said that Adobe will need Apple’s help in bringing the format to the device, but didn’t say if it indeed has that help coming.
Adobe backtracks on Flash for iPhone [InfoWorld]
- Founded 1982
- Overview Adobe is a software company that provides its users with digital marketing and media solutions. Its tools and services allow its customers to create ground-breaking digital content, deploy it across media and devices, measure and optimize it over time, and achieve greater business success. The company helps its customers make, manage, measure, and monetize their content across every channel and screen. …
- Location San Jose, California
- Categories Photo Editing, Design, Creative, Software, Image Recognition
- Website http://www.adobe.com
- Full profile for Adobe Systems
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Hardware + Software, Consumer Electronics, Computers, Electronics, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple