Shortly after an — ahem — misunderstanding involving Microsoft’s Xbox tech support department, a gamer, and an autographed Xbox 360 case (you can read all about the original fiasco here), things seem to have been made right — by Bungie.
Bungie, makers of the wildly popular Halo series, sent the gamer a bunch of cool stuff to replace the signatures and drawing of Master Chief that were wiped off of his Xbox 360 case when he sent it in to be serviced. The complete list of goodies is as follows.
- Legendary Edition Helmet signed by most–if not all–of the studio staff
- Halo 3 Soundtrack (two disc) signed by Marty O’Donnel (with “DO NOT ERASE!” written under his name)
- Bungie Jacket
- Bungie T-Shirt
- Halo 3 Messenger Bag
- Two Halo 3 Limited Edition Wireless Controllers (one covenant, one human)
- Halo 3 Faceplate and Skins for Xbox 360
- Four McFarlane Action Figures (MC, EVA Spartan, Brute Chieftan, Jackal Sniper)
- Halo Actionclix Preview pack (Target exclusive sticker on the front)
- Halo Actionclix Game Pack 4
- Halo 3 Wall Graffix
- Halo 3: Ghosts of Onyx Novel
- Halo Graphic Novel
- Halo 3 Wristband
- Halo 3 Hackeysack
Microsoft hasn’t been able to do much to rectify the situation, apparently, except for one of the marketing managers to say, “We’re gamers ourselves, and we’re all pretty shocked that something like this happened… Apparently the consoles go through a wash-down process before they’re shipped back. You would think that someone would see the case and realize that it would be best to leave it be… We’re really sorry this happened. There’s no way to replace what you had exactly, but we’re going to try to get you something similar, if not even more awesome.”
It’s pretty cool of Bungie to send him all that stuff and it’ll be interesting to see what Microsoft gives him, though this gift pack might already qualify as “more awesome”.
Bungie Unscrews Previously Screwed Gamer [Hawty McBloggy]