Want to talk to your plants in a way that doesn’t make you look like a New Age dope? Build the Botanicalls plant-to-Twitter connection kit and your plant can ping you every time its thirsty. You basically need a few breadboards, an Arduino, and a Twitter account. The system tests for plant water levels and reports back when it gets dry. What a nice way to use technology — until the plants get wise and start colluding.
- Founded 2006
- Overview Twitter is a global social networking platform that allows its users to send and read 140-character messages known as “tweets”. It enables registered users to read and post their tweets through the web, short message service (SMS), and mobile applications. As a global real-time communications platform, Twitter has more than 400 million monthly visitors and 255 million monthly active users around …
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Categories Software, Messaging, MicroBlogging, SMS, Service Providers, Information Services
- Website http://www.twitter.com/
- Full profile for Twitter
- Description Plants is the second app in the Explorer’s Library, a series of playscapes that spark discovery and deeper understanding of the world.
- Website https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plants-by-tinybop/id872615882?ls=1&mt=8&ct=web
- Full profile for Plants