Mobile handset production in Taiwan is currently up 82 percent from last year and the first quarter of next year is forecast to see a 150 percent increase over the first quarter of 2007.
This growth is thanks in large part to device manufacturer HTC’s popular handsets and a little upstart device called the "iPhone" (whatever that is). The value of devices shipped out of Taiwan not only broke the billion dollar mark for the first time, it got up to almost $1.5 billion.
Handset Production Soars in Taiwan [MobileCrunch]
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Software
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1997
- Overview HTC Corp is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of smartphones and tablets in Taiwan. The company offers PDA phones and smartphones for mobile operators and distributors in Europe, the United States, and Asia. These machines are available as HTC devices and as products individually customized for operators and device partners. The company provides its own HTC self-branded products …
- Location Taoyüan, 04
- Categories Mobile, Software, Hardware
- Founders HT Cho
- Website http://www.htc.com
- Full profile for HTC Corp