Last week, Palm announced Q3 earnings, and the news was a disappointing loss of millions. While that’s not necessarily news, Palm blamed the loss on a failure to launch a certain highly anticipated product. Palm wouldn’t, though, say what it was.
We did a little digging, and two separate sources at Palm opted to stay mum when we asked if it was the rumored WinMo 6 Centro for
Vodafone an American carrier. They denied other products, like the Foleo or an AT&T Palm OS-based Centro, which leads us to believe this is it is likely true.
- Founded 2001
- Overview Centro, formed in 2001, is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Centro develops smart media management software to help advertisers streamline and scale digital campaigns. With a unified, holistic platform, marketers can access 100% of all digital inventory, across all channels and devices. With proprietary insights into historical pricing, publisher and channel effectiveness, Centro helps brands plan …
- Location Chicago, Illinois
- Categories Sales and Marketing, Advertising, Media
- Founders Shawn Riegsecker
- Website http://www.centro.net
- Full profile for Centro
- Founded 1992
- Overview Palm, Inc. was a leading mobile products company, creating instinctive yet powerful mobile products that enabled people to better manage their lives on the go. The company's products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses included Palm Treo and Centro smartphones and Palm handheld computers, as well as software, services and accessories. In July 2010, Palm was acquired by HP. The Palm …
- Location Sunnyvale, California
- Categories Mobile
- Website http://www.palm.com
- Full profile for Palm