If you’re planning on upgrading your 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1, use the iNdependence method found in the program’s help file. Compared to the tortured, laborious process I had to go through before, it’s a walk in the cake, so to speak.
The process still requires you to downgrade and/or re-virginize your phone but it works great with a fresh, out-of-the-box model of any firmware vintage. It took about 10 minutes and I didn’t even have to fire up Terminal.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software
- Website http://apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Description Apple's iPhone was introduced at MacWorld in January 2007 and officially went on sale June 29, 2007, selling 146,000 units within the first weekend of launch. The phone has been hailed as revolutionary with its bundle of advanced mobile web browsing, music and video playback, and touch screen controls. The iPhone is exclusively carried on the networks of both AT&T and Verizon in the U.S. An iPhone …
- Website http://www.apple.com/iphone
- Full profile for iPhone