Looks like everyone with a Gmail account has something new to worry about. The unreleased, proof of concept vulnerability discovered by some security specialist can set filters on your inbox to block and/or automatically forward any email you receive. Weak.
Although the threat is labeled as serious at the moment, don’t worry. Google patches up vital holes pretty efficiently and there are no documented accounts of anyone actually falling prey to this. I’d say just check your filters every now and then.
- Description Gmail, also known as Google Mail is a free email service with innovative features, including email threads, a search-oriented interface, and plenty of free storage (almost 7.7GB). One important Gmail feature is its ability to organize, track, and record its users' contact lists. For instance, if a user starts typing the letter C on the ""To"" field, Gmail will bring up via …
- Website http://gmail.com
- Full profile for Gmail
- Founded 1998
- Overview Google is a multinational corporation that is specialized in internet-related services and products. The company’s product portfolio includes Google Search, which provides users with access to information online; Knowledge Graph that allows to search for things, people, or places as well as builds systems recognizing speech and understanding natural language; Google Now, which provides information …
- Location Mountain View, California
- Categories Software, Video Streaming, Email, Search, Information Technology, Blogging Platforms
- Founders Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Website http://www.google.com
- Full profile for Google