Uh oh. It seems as though the new HTC Advantage has been shipped to CompUSA, Amazon.com, and possibly elsewhere as pre-production units. Users are being greeted with the message “test only, not for sale” when the device is booted up for the first time.
The glitch can easily be fixed by updating the software via a PC but if these devices aren’t yet ready for production from a hardware standpoint, this could be a big problem.
HTC error ships out pre-production units? [Mobility Today]
- Founded 1994
- Overview Amazon is an e-commerce retailer formed originally to provide consumers with products in two segments. It offers users with merchandise and content purchased for resale from vendors and those offered by third-party sellers. Operating in North American and International markets, Amazon provides its services through websites such as amazon.com and amazon.ca. It also enables authors, musicians, filmmakers, …
- Location Seattle, WA
- Categories E-Commerce, Crowdsourcing, Groceries, Consumer Goods, Delivery, Software, Retail, Internet
- Website http://amazon.com
- Full profile for Amazon
- Founded 1997
- Overview HTC Corp is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of smartphones and tablets in Taiwan. The company offers PDA phones and smartphones for mobile operators and distributors in Europe, the United States, and Asia. These machines are available as HTC devices and as products individually customized for operators and device partners. The company provides its own HTC self-branded products …
- Location Taoyüan, 04
- Categories Hardware + Software, Mobile
- Founders HT Cho, Cher Wang
- Website http://www.htc.com
- Full profile for HTC Corp