Apple is holding a “confidential” and invite-only one day iPhone Tech Day Workshop, July 23, 2007 on Apple’s campus in Cupertino, California for web developers, widget developers, web designers, and software engineers. The purpose of the workshop seems to be a sort of “iPhone 101” for developers, and to help them optimize web applications for the iPhone.
The event is free, but you have to be an Apple Developer Connection member. The email (copied below) says its invite only but also shows how seemingly anyone can attend.
You’re invited to an exclusive iPhone Tech Day Workshop, July 23, 2007 on Apple’s campus in Cupertino, California.
This confidential 1-day workshop is designed to teach you how to create and optimize your web applications for iPhone and to communicate essential information about iPhone development.
Don’t miss this unique, invitation-only opportunity to adapt your web content and begin your iPhone development today!
———————- WORKSHOP STRUCTURE AND CONTENT ———————
The iPhone Tech Day Workshop is an intensive, hands-on 1-day session with in-depth technical presentations followed by coding & debugging with access to the experts to provide 1-on-1 assistance.
The day will include:
– Ensuring Safari on iPhone compatibility
– Optimizing Web Content for Safari on iPhone
– Best practices for media and synchronized data with iPhone
– Coding and Testing
The iPhone Tech Day Workshop is a highly technical event intended for web developers, widget developers, web designers, and software engineers. Our main priority is to ensure that you have plenty of hands-on coding time to work on your own code with immediate access to Apple engineers and Technology Evangelists.
——————————— ADVANCE PREPARATION ———————————
To attend the iPhone Tech Day Workshop you must:
1. Be an ADC member. Online ADC membership is acceptable. Visit the Apple Developer Connection at http://developer.apple.com/membership/ to become a member or to learn more.
2. Send an email to enroll with your name, company, work email address, and ADC member ID, to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Bring your source code and current development environment on a FireWire drive or laptop (plus any necessary cables and power supplies). Apple will provide a Mac Pro or iMac for each attendee and a limited number of iPhones for testing purposes, but you are encouraged to bring your own.
4. Await confirmation. See details below.
—————————— REGISTRATION INFORMATION ——————————
There is no enrollment fee for the iPhone Tech Day Workshop. Apple provides lunch and other refreshments during the day. You assume your own travel and hotel expenses.
Seating is limited. We expect this workshop to be very popular, so we encourage you to register as soon as possible.
Upon receipt of your reservation and if space is available you will receive a confirmation email with further details including lodging options. IMPORTANT NOTE: please do NOT make any travel arrangements until you receive your confirmation email. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com .
We look forward to seeing you.