Not a huge deal, but Lenovo has recalled 205,000 Sanyo Electric battery packs that were sold with R60, R60e, T60, T60p, Z60m, Z61e, Z61m, and Z61p series laptops. The batteries have heating issues that could result in notebook damage — read: explosions.
Lenovo sold the battery as an accessory for $180 and is part number FRU P/N 92P1131. If you have the battery, contact Lenovo online or call 1-800-426-7378.
- Founded 1896
- Overview IBM, acronym for International Business Machines, is a multinational computer technology and consulting corporation. The company is one of the few information technology companies with a continuous history dating back to the 19th century. IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure services, hosting services, and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe …
- Location Armonk, New York
- Categories Software
- Website http://www.ibm.com/
- Full profile for IBM
- Founded 1984
- Overview Lenovo Group Limited is a Chinese multinational technology company that sells personal computers, tablet computers, smartphones, workstations, servers, electronic storage devices, IT management software, and smart televisions. In 2012, Lenovo was the world's second-largest personal computer vendor by unit sales. It markets the ThinkPad line of notebook computers and the ThinkCentre line of desktops. Lenovo …
- Location Morrisville, North Carolina
- Categories Hardware
- Founders Chuanzhi Liu
- Website http://www.lenovo.com
- Full profile for Lenovo