Looks like slow news day at the world of Web 2.0 blogs. Yesterday Mike broke up with Netflix — it was calling me last night asking me what to do and I was all like “Dude, move on. He’s just not into you.”— and Om is now in love with Akimbo, the video-on-demand service. Which ones do you guys use/like?
- Overview Akimbo is a white label video solution. It includes an advertising system and "supports multiple business models including ad-supported, transactional, subscription, download-to-own, download-to-burn, pay-per-minute, gift cards and account credits."
- Location San Mateo, CA
- Categories Personal Branding, Recruiting
- Website http://www.akimbo.com/
- Full profile for Akimbo
- Founded 1985
- Overview Blockbuster Inc. is a leading global provider of in-home movies and game entertainment, with more than 7,100 stores throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Location Denver, CO
- Categories Media and Entertainment
- Website http://blockbuster.com
- Full profile for Blockbuster
- Founded 1997
- Overview Netflix is an online television network that is engaged in the internet delivery of TV shows and movies directly on TVs, computers, and mobile devices in the United States and internationally. It provides its services under three segments: international streaming, domestic streaming, and domestic DVD. The network enables members to access and view more than one billion hours of TV shows and movies …
- Location Los Gatos, CA
- Categories Digital Entertainment, Consumer Electronics, Video
- Website http://www.netflix.com
- Full profile for Netflix