. And they’re doing it with their new best friends, SanDisk and Real Networks.
Real and SanDisk already have a partnership aimed at Apple in the form of the Sansa e200 DAP and Real’s Rhapsody service. Best Buy’s input will likely be a subscription-based service at around $10 a month for unlimited downloads. Quit paying, and the downloads cease to work.
We’re not sure how else Best Buy aims to make this impressive, as it’s nothing new. What’s interesting, though, is that they’re pointing their musical gun between the eyes of the makers of the iPod, which should bring them some real money this holiday season.
- Founded 1988
- Overview Founded in 1988 by Dr. Eli Harari, an internationally recognized authority on non-volatile memory technology, SanDisk has grown to become the world's largest supplier of innovative flash memory data storage products. Serving both consumers (with more than 200,000 retail storefronts worldwide) and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), SanDisk designs, develops, manufactures and markets flash …
- Location Milpitas, California
- Categories Curated Web
- Website http://www.sandisk.com
- Full profile for SanDisk
- Founded 1998
- Overview Real is a leader in the provision of pharmaceutical & biotechnology, medical devices, public sector, banking & financial services, information & technology and healthcare recruitment services. We partner with companies and organisations to help manage change and deliver cost and efficiency improvements through technology, information and people. Our premise is a simple one: by recognising talent and …
- Location London, England
- Categories Medical Devices, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals
- Website http://www.realstaffing.co.uk
- Full profile for Real Staffing
- Founded 2001
- Overview The Rhapsody digital music service (www.rhapsody.com) gives subscribers unlimited on-demand access to more than sixteen million songs, whether they're listening on a PC, laptop, Internet connected home stereo or TV, MP3 player or mobile phone. It is the first and largest premium, on-demand music service in the United States. Rhapsody allows subscribers to access their music through more touch-points …
- Location Seattle, Washington
- Categories Music
- Website http://www.rhapsody.com
- Full profile for Rhapsody