TechCrunch got a sneak peek at SlideShare, a PowerPoint sharing system that allows you to upload presentations and then show them on any web browser. Think of it as the YouTube of presentations, only with less kids putting Mentos into Diet Coke.
While it’s not gadgety, it’s certainly mobile provided you use the right mobile browser. It can also be used as a sleep aid provided you find a presentation prepared by this guy I worked with years ago, Klaus. That boy could make a presentation that could put a sugar-high six year old to sleep.
- Overview SlideShare is an online community that allows users to upload and share PowerPoint presentations, documents, and infographics. It also provides users the ability to rate, comment on, and share the uploaded content. The platform covers topics such leadership, technology, education, marketing, design, entertainment, data analytics, economy and finance, engineering, environment, food, health and medicine, …
- Location San Francisco, California
- Categories Curated Web
- Founders Rashmi Sinha
- Website http://www.slideshare.net
- Full profile for SlideShare
- Overview Slides was founded by Hakim El Hattab and Owen Bossola in early 2013. It makes use of reveal.js, an open source presentation framework that Hakim first released in 2011. The company operates out of New York City and Stockholm, Sweden.
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Apps
- Website http://slides.com/
- Full profile for Slides